Sunday, August 26, 2012

I made my own "Natural" Homemade Gel!!! :D


Here is the recipe! It works better than the clear beauty supply gels! :D

1)Flaxseeds- 1/4 cup

2)Water- 2 cups
3)2 tbsp of Coconut Oil
Add flaxseeds & water to saucepan, bring to a boil. As flaxseeds & water cooks in boiling water, stir frequently to avoid seeds sticking to the pan. Once the seeds and water start to gel together, turn off fire under the saucepan. Take some cheese cloth, or a old nylon stocking and put in a glass container around the edges so that you can pour the mix into it to strain the gel from the seeds! "REMEMBER" the gel is still "HOT" so I used (2) wooden spoons and placed them on both sides of the stocking squeezing the gel down thru the stocking and into the glass container. Once you have squeezed all the gel into the container, pour in the 2 tbsp of coconut oil into the mix. Now the video I saw of a lady making it, she added all these other essential oils into the mix, but I don't have any of those, so I thought, a little coconut oil can't hurt right! Keep it in a air tight container in the refrigerator for 90 days, It came out GREAT!!! It's the thick sticky I like to slick down my hair and it's natural too!!! I did a allergy test because I used to get headaches when I would put flaxseeds in my smoothies, or shakes last night. So far so good and it's been 14 hrs, so I think I may be clear to use it! I will NEVER by store bought gel with all that alcohol in it!!! What was I ever thinking??? :D
Here is a link to the video I saw! I followed it step by step, and it came out great!

No comments:

Post a Comment