Monday, August 27, 2012

Egg Protein Treatment & Recipe "UPDATED" w/ New recipe 8/28/12

 

New Egg Protein Treatment Recipe minus the Sweet Orange Oil



New Recipe:
Our hair needs extra protein. This is because our hair is made by keratin (a protein). It is especially important when you have chemically treated hair, which means you have dyed, bleached, relaxed your hair etc. The reason this homemade hair mask gives your hair protein is because of the egg.
I want to share an easy DIY protein hair mask with you :)
I put in: Coconut Oil, Honey, 1 Avocado, 1 egg, Sweet Orange Oil & Shea Butter
Put everything in your blender and start mixing!


 
First Egg Treatment & Recipe (7/22/12)
I did my first egg protein treatment on July 22, 2012! I mixed 1- egg, vo5 conditioner, evoo, I applied it with my relaxer brush starting from the roots on down until my whole head was saturated with the mix, covered my hair with a plastic cap & left it on 20 minutes. I then I rinsed it out with the coldest water ever on my head, shampoo'd with a moisturizing shampoo, rinsed it out, applied hollywood beauty deep conditioning treatment with jbco/coconut oil, sat under low heat cap for 30 minutes, rinsed it out, then I applied my HE hydrating conditioner in shower for 5 minutes, rinsed it out, towel pat dried my hair with a tee shirt, then I applied my Pantene detangling anti breakage leave in creme, detangled my hair from ends up to roots, put my hair in a bun, and now I am air drying with the teeshirt on my head! My hair loves protein, but I know it would because my body also craves protein, I have noticed this in some of my family members too... My hair looked so healthy to me after my regimen today, BUT I had some serious shedding too! I know the sheeding is normal, but when is it NOT normal??? I do have to say, I am happy to have more shedding than breakage, my breakage is almost gone, maybe 1-3 lil strans of breakage every now and then! :D Im going to do the black tea rinses soon! :D 
HH Day Lovely Listas! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment